Top Forex Brokers

Friday, April 22, 2011

How to relieve upset stomach, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea

If u only have stomach discomfort, try taking a leak even if u don't feel like it (might sound simple but it works for me)
If it's worse than that, cont reading...

(Scroll down to steps 1 2 3 4 if u're experiencing it now)
2 weeks ago i experienced severe nausea, vomiting & diarrhea
I started vomiting blood the 3rd time, vomited up to 7 times & diarrhea 4-5 times in only 2 hours
Even the slightest movement just after i had diarrhea made my stomach upset
It hurt so much i couldn't even stand straight

After going to the hospital ( with some help from my mom) , the doctor concluded it was probably food poisoning & the blood was from too much vomiting hurting my throat
I was quite skeptical about that since i only had oats for breakfast & it occurred few mins later, but what can i do? It's not like i have a M.D.
Anyway, luckily it wasn't life-threatening as i'm aware that i have a vry weak body

Doctor recommended barley but after consuming it, i vomited another 3 times & had diarrhea twice more
I guess my weaker-than-average body couldn't handle it...
So i did some research & found out by trial the safest diet for me is saltine crackers & sips of electrolyte drinks


Too bad those diets are only temporary as they don't provide enough nutrition
2 days later, I started feeling confused, disoriented & had to rest a lot
So i tried my normal diet the 3rd day, only oats & fruits & vege but my weak body couldn't recover fast enough to eat proper diets, soon i began vomiting & having diarrhea again...

I suffer from IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome), gastric pain & sore throat before i started vomiting, which is even harder for me
I need lots of water for my sore throat, but if i drink more than sips only, i tend to have diarrhea & vomiting
IBS makes me even more prone to diarrhea & gastric pain hurts more when i was actively vomiting & couldn't eat anything
I even suspected gastric ulcer bleeding when i vomited blood
I think these are what that are delaying my recovery...
 It was like hell for me, FML...

So, for those average ppl without other health complications, i think this'll help-

1. 1st of all, don't eat or drink anything for about 4 hours if u're actively vomiting or diarrhea
(I tried a bite of banana when i'm still vomiting & it doesn't help at all, vomited it out few mins later)

2. Then start eating saltine crackers & electrolyte drinks, oral rehydration salts, soda pops (stir to reduce carbonation) whichever available ( eat & drink as least as possible)

Saltines help soak up excess bile
Soda works as an acid neutralizer
BRAT diet helps too- Banana Rice Applesauce & Toast
Avoid dairy & food or drinks that are too hot or cold

Most importantly, keep your diet bland for around 48 hours since u don't wanna irritate your stomach which is still recovering

3. Eat small meals throughout the day, chew well, rest after meals-

U need to go easy on your stomach, smaller meals means less stress on your stomach
The better u chew your food, the easier it is for your stomach to digest
Rest after meals means more blood & oxygen to your intestines which helps digestion instead of (example: more blood to your eyes if u watch tv)
(Actually small 20-30mins walks outdoors is better for digestion but only do so after u've recovered since u need to stay still to reduce nausea )


4. Lastly, get lots of rest for your body to recover & hope u get well soon

No comments:

Post a Comment